• Double click on the run-mea batch file.
• It will start the analysis of 2-moves.epd by Deuterium and Stockfish at 500ms per position.
• When finished double click on list-2-moves batch file.
• Your browser will show the result.
• Modify the batch files to add or change engines.
• set MT=500 means the time control is set to 500ms.
• The system is able to handle 5 different freely defined MT= time controls.
1. While the rating system is far from perfect (more below) the pattern is clear, if programs like Rodent III, Rebel Century (from 2000) and Mephisto Gideon (from 1993) outperform stronger engines with hundreds of elo points and in extreme cases with almost 1000 elo points then some fundamental opening knowledge is missing in modern top engines.
2. The big exception is Lc0, not only it tops on every test run its performamce becomes truly remarkable when you realize we used the slow CPU version in our testing doing only 30-35 NPS.
3. Although we believe the general pattern will not change, for a more reliable rating use the additional much larger opening sets made from 2400+ or 2500+ elo rated human players since volume increases accuracy.
4. Engines can use the EPD's also for eng-eng testing.