The Gambit Festival is a computer-computer tournament starting from critical opening positions we used to call gambits. The engines in the main pool (listed below) will be presented 20 carefully selected opening positions by Jeroen Noomen where the board already is set into fire. Thus in total 7 x 40 x 4 = 1120 games (280 games each) will be played.
Start of the the tourmant on saturday June 4 2016 which gives authors the chance to upgrade their engine in case they wish so. I am also willing to start a Sub pool as in the CENT tournament provided there will be at least 4 participants.
- Hardware HP Z800 8 core, 8 Gb RAM, approx 2.8 GHz running 4 matches simultaneously.
- Time control: Blitz 30m/+1s.
- Duration: since one game takes about 1 hour the tournament is expected to run for 10-12 days.
- Single processor only.
- Permanent Brain = on
- No opening book allowed.
- No learning allowed.
- No table bases since they may influence other cores.
- Interface: Arena because of the live coverage.
- Start ELO ratings according to the CCRL 40/40 rating list (1 cpu) of April 29, 2016.