A few of my favorite ones
MEA analyzes epd files having multiple solution moves with points such as the Strategic Test Suite (1500 positions), REBEL (657 positions), Tony-Pos (16 positions), Tony-DCC-Caleb (16 positions). Download MEA. Experiment with MEA here.
Execution, open run-mea.bat with a texteditor, select the --engine and run it.
MEA is written by Ferdinand Mosca, original source here.
NUCLEUS is an engine adapter that can take 3 engines as a single engine. It will run slave1 and slave2 engines to determine the best move of the position, then run the master engine to decide which best move will be selected, either from slave1 or slave2.
See further in the README file in the NUCLEUS download and ProDeo 2.7 in particular.
Among all the available (and good) PGN utilities (such as 40H by Norm Pollock) PGN-Extract is the one with the most possibilities. Some have build a Windows shell that support various features of the program, these are PGNExtract GUI by Alex Guerrero and Pgn-Extract Interface by Ferdinand Mosca, see picture on the left.
Good old EPD2DIAG to make diagrams from EPD positions for publication on the internet.
• EPD file viewer
• Paste (import) EPD lines from clipboard
• Copy board position as bitmap to the clipboard
• Copy board position as ASCII diagram to the clipboard
• Copy board position related EPD string to the clipboard
• Copy board position as HTML table to clipboard
ECTool is chess software for management of playing correspondence or email chess. The following are some of the most important features of the program:
• Keep a database of games in progress and already completed, displaying the games in tabular form and showing them in a graphical Bookup (tm) style chess board. The game list show a flag regarding in which game is your turn to play.
• Automatic creation of messages, in the various formats usually used in correspondence chess, in PGN format, in a simple text format, numeric (the official format of the ICCF - The International Correspondence Chess Federation), with the option of editing the message created, adding text and a signature, carbon copies etc.
• Single and practical address book incorporated.
EPDSETS is a command line tool to create EPD Opening Sets for eng-eng Matches. It uses a database of 174.000+ opening positions created from the openings as used by CCRL and CEGT during the 2006-2017 period. The database of 174.000 positions is analyzed by Stockfish 9 in order to create selective opening EPD sets based on score.
Select EPD file. Default: database.epd
Score overview database, see example.
Split the database in parts of (any number)
Create EPD opening sets based on score.
Is an extra, removes doubles in EPD sets.
Score overview, number of EPD 174707 0.00 | 0.10 | 0.20 | 0.25 | 0.30 | 0.40 | 0.50 | 0.75 | 1.00 | >2.00 29048 |24196 |11862 |11652 |21844 |19159 |33242 |15197 | 8257 | 250